Crash when loading in after blue portal

Discussion in 'Technical' started by zephixleer, Sep 6, 2016.

1. zephixleer

zephixleer New Member

Hello,
    I have an issue where my game crashes each time I try to load in. I've tried multiple characters as well as fullscreen and windowed mode. If the character has tried to enter the blue portal in the first house I spawn in (after a new creation) then I crash any time that I try to load in on said character.

I know that I read that the first time a player walks into the portal the game will possibly crash, but it should work after that. That isn't working for me; I crash every time on any character that's touched the blue portal. I've attached a zip of the crash logs.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.4Ghz CPU
    16GB of RAM
    AMD 7800 Series GPU w/ 2 GB VRAM (GDDR5)
    Radeon Crimson drivers, version 16.30.2311-160718a-3050 76C
    Windows 10 - 64bit

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Edit: Just a quick note: I'm going to be trying this out on my home PC tonight and will let you know how that goes. The specs above are for my work PC (Thank god I work in IT!) so I can at least narrow it down to an AMD/Nvidia issue for you guys. If it works at home, that would be a pretty clear indicator it's the GFX card as other specs are very similar.

Attached Files:

Beennn and Laurence like this.
  2. ForsakenLegends

ForsakenLegends Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, Ben's going to be working on squashing all bugs this week, so we'll be sure to take a strong look into this to try to solve it for the next build. Sorry for your troubles!

zephixleer likes this.
  3. zephixleer

zephixleer New Member

Awesome to hear! Thank you.

4. zephixleer

zephixleer New Member

I've tested this at home now as well. I have created new characters at home on my gaming pc and now, instead of a crash, the game loads to 50% and never actually finishes. Same as my issues with the work PC in my original post, this only happens once I've tried to go through the blue portal.

My home PC has the same stats as the work pc, but I am running an Nvidia GTX 970 GPU.

Is there anything else I can try that would help with bugs in this situation? I'm glad to assist by trying different things if there's anything you'd suggest. Thanks!

5. Preston

Preston Administrator Staff Member

Hey Zephixleer,

Thanks for the update! I have a feeling it's a different issue at the moment. It's possible that the server is offline. We're having some issues lately with the server dropping and not letting any players connect at all. We're looking through a fix for this issue right now.

-Preston

6. zephixleer

zephixleer New Member

ah! That's understandable then! Thank you for the info!

7. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Any news at that front? Purchased the game today and found that forum post just right now after having the same issue :/ So to get it right, it's not a problem on my end, it's because the server is offline atm?

8. Preston

Hey Homemade Hero,

First off welcome to the Forsaken Legends Community! And yes, it's most likely on our end. I've sent out a pm our dev that should be able to get it reset when he comes online. I don't have an eta for you though. Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Preston

9. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Tyvm Preston! And special thanks for the fast response :)

10. Laurence

Laurence Member

A pleasure meeting you today Homemade! The server is currently online in case you guys want to try again.

11. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Thanks mate, guess i'm in a bad timezone, 11am here and just found out that Quinny crashed the server again :p

12. Preston

That Qunny, always crashing the server :p. We're working on a solution to be able to reset the server at all times of the day moving forward, but it has not yet be implemented.

We'll get it all straighten out, hold tight!

-Preston

13. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Yeah no problem. Saw yesterday in which early stage this is (btw it's awesome, much potential there), but hey you're doing a awesome job for that little team and i belive these things will be sortened out with the time.

Laurence, ForsakenLegends and Preston like this.
  14. zephixleer

zephixleer New Member

I was able to get into the game last night on my home PC, so I can confirm that it was the server that was down and not a client issue.

Also, the game looks great on my Nvidia 970! I wasn't able to play for long, but did kill a level 3 troll and loot a bow. :) I can't wait to get home and try out more aspects of the game. Thanks again for the help!

Preston, Laurence and ForsakenLegends like this.
  15. Diggnthis

Diggnthis New Member

Yep just got the game and getting the same issue as Zephixleer. Made a character went to the blue portal, then crashed, logged back in on that toon and get just about done with the "waiting_for_terrain_creation" loading screen then the game does not respond. So made another character and the same thing. Can't get in game.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  16. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Should be working now, server was restartet. Remember that it can be that you crash the first time you go through a blue portal, so try it again. ;)

17. Diggnthis

Diggnthis New Member

Nope still the same. Get 70% in on the "Waiting_for_terrain_creation" loading screen then the game goes to Not Responding.

18. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

mmmh...server is on atm, me and Laurence are on right now, so idk. Perhaps try to run it as admin if not yet done.

19. Diggnthis

Diggnthis New Member

Tried that as well, still the same.

20. zephixleer

zephixleer New Member

Are you using an AMD graphics card? I'm under the impression that support for AMD graphics cards is still being matured. They released some bug fixes in the last update, but I'm still having trouble on my AMD card (work pc,) while my gaming PC is working great with an Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card.

If you're on an AMD graphics card, you may be stuck until they release another patch. I think it was stated that they believe the terrain generation is freaking out the drivers for the AMD cards right now.

Anyway, be sure to post a crash dump file and your system specs so that the developers have more information. The player-base right now is small, so any details we can provide help out the developers -so much- right now with bug squashing.